Welcome to our New Website. Of course, you have questions. Here are some FAQs to help you through the process. If you have additional questions that are not addressed here, please email us at email@example.com.
LOG IN INFORMATION
How do I register for a course or workshop?
- A student or their manager can register for a class without setting up an account. Registrations can only be entered for one student at a time, as course records are tied to student e-mail addresses.
- Select a course or courses you want to purchase, click enroll, and follow the checkout instructions.
- Be certain to include the student’s email when purchasing the class. All course records are tied to their e-mail address.
- The student will get email confirmation including a link to access an account in the Learning Management System.
- If this is the student’s first time to our new Learning Management System, they will need to finish setting up their account including setting the password.
How do I access my course history?
- The easiest way is to click “My Classroom” in the top right corner of our new website.
What is “My Classroom”?
- My Classroom is your learning dashboard in our new Learning Management System.
What is a Learning Management System?
- A Learning Management System is a place where student records, course materials, quizzes and tests are housed. This is how we administer, document, deliver, track, and report your progress! IEA has selected a state of the art system that has been specially tailored to your needs.
Do I need to set up a new account?
- It is necessary for all students to set up a new account on our new site in order to access their new courses and workshops as well as student records. All of your historic data is still on our old platform and we are preparing to upload your data into the new platform in the near future.
- If you have taken courses on our previous platform, please use the same e-mail address and password, as this will allow us to combine your historical data with your new data.
- If your e-mail has changed, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your information in our existing database.
I don’t remember the old email address that I may have used. What do I do?
- Start with setting up a new account, then email us email@example.com and let us know any prior names and / or employers you may have had. We will search for your old information and link it to your new account.
I can’t remember my new login information.
- If you have already set up an account on our new website, click on “forgot user name or password” on the Login screen.
I never needed a user id and password in the past, why now?
- Creating your own consolidated history allows all of your IEA records to be in one place. IEA now provides personal records which will be fully accessible to you when you login and use your own personal username and password. This means you can engage in your class, take quizzes and exams, track your grades and manage your own course history anywhere and anytime. This is truly YOUR IEA.
How do I get CE credit?
- When you set up your new account, you will see a field to enter in your name (as it appears on your License) and your Insurance License Number. This will automatically provide you with CE whenever IEA is providing it.
- Check the course or workshop description to see if it offers CE Continuing Education credit.
I want to enroll several employees at once. How do I do that and pay you if you want each student to have their own account?
- Students must be enrolled one at a time as separate transactions. It is OK for one person to register multiple students, but the students need to each have their own account in order to maintain their own records.
- Student accounts are tied to their email addresses.
I’ve always submitted paper registrations for me or my staff. What do I do now?
- Please click the “Pay by Check” link below the enrollment button to download the enrollment form. Fill out one Enrollment Form per student, and send a check along with the enrollment forms to IEA at the address on the form.
- Our new system is very robust and has greater capabilities. We encourage online enrollment as it reduces errors, allows for faster and more efficient service.
- While we continue to accept paper registrations, we would like to encourage online registration and payment. Please consider how we may adapt our systems and processes to allow for your organization’s needs in a fully automated way and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear your ideas.
What is the difference between a Transcript, Course History, Course Certificates and Grade Report?
- A transcript is an official document informing an employer or other learning institution what courses you have taken through IEA, and includes your grades. The official transcript also includes upper/lower division baccalaureate semester hours. If you need an official transcript, please complete the transcript request form (found under FORMS on our Home Page) and submit it along with the appropriate fee.
- Your course history is an informal listing of your courses taken through IEA. You may see and download your history from your account on our site.
- Course certificates are awarded at the end of IEA “Designation” Programs such as CPDM. Training Certificates (certificate of attendance) are provided at the completion of individual classes, seminars and workshops.
- Final grades are posted in your account at the end of a semester class.
Where are my transcript/course history/certificates/grades?
- Your course history is currently housed in our old system. We are preparing to migrate five years of history into our new system over the next few months and will make an announcement when that occurs. Once that is done, you will want to confirm all your information is correct. In the meantime, if you need your current course history or if you need course history further back than five years, please contact email@example.com.
- If you need an official transcript, please complete the transcript request form (found under FORMS on our Home Page) and submit it along with the appropriate fee.
Why do I need to pay for my transcript?
- Preparation of an official transcript requires research and preparation of your unique record. The Cost for this preparation is $25.
- There is no charge to view your course history through your online account.
There are courses that I took through IEA that are not showing on my record.
- We are still in the process of preparing the data from our old system to upload into our new learning portal. We appreciate your patience in this process. In the meantime, if you have questions about your course history, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
WITHDRAWL, CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER POLICY
- There is a $30 administration fee that applies to the processing of all refunds, transfers, withdrawals, deferrals and student substitutions.
FOR SEMESTER COURSES (CLASSROOM | TELECOURSES WEBINARS)
There are times when students need to withdraw from a class and request a refund. If this happens to you:
- Please notify us in writing and include your name, class and class location. Email your request to email@example.com.
- The amount of refund (if any) will be based on the notification date.
- If we receive your email prior to the start of the first class meeting, we will issue a 100% refund minus the admin fee.
- If we are notified prior to the start of the second class meeting, we will issue an 80% refund minus the admin fee.
- After the start of the second class meeting, there are no refunds. In these cases, IEA can provide a transfer/deferral. See the next section.
- The registration fee will be refunded in full if IEA cancels the class and the student has an option to request a refund if a class is postponed.
- Please allow six weeks for your refund to be processed.
There are times when students would like to transfer to a different class or withdraw / defer their enrollment. If this happens to you:
- Please notify us in writing and include your name, existing class and class location as well as information on the new class if you know it. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will hold prorated credits dollars for transfer to a new class or for future use based on the number of remaining classes at the time of notification minus the admin fee.
- Transfer credit dollars are non-transferable to other students and are unable to be refunded.
EXAMPLE: You are enrolled in a 10 week course that cost $100. After three weeks, your situation changes and you cannot complete the semester. We will credit you $40 for future use ($100 – $30 for three weeks of class – $30 admin fee = $40).
- Transfer credit dollars can be deferred up to one semester. For example, if you transfer in a class in Fall 2016, you must use the credits by Spring 2017.
There are times when students need to withdraw from a workshop and request a refund. If this happens to you:
- Please notify us in writing and include your name, class and class location.
- We are able to issue a refund minus the admin fee if we are notified no later than 5 Business Days prior to day of the workshop. Please email your request to email@example.com.
- If you do not attend the workshop and fail to cancel your registration at least 5 business days prior to the day of the Workshop we are unable to provide a refund.
- The registration fee will be refunded in full if IEA cancels the workshop and the student has an option to request a refund if a workshop is postponed.
- Please allow six weeks for your refund to be processed.
- There is a $30.00 transfer fee for student transfers from one workshop or location to another plus any difference in class cost.
- The transfer fee also applies to student substitutions ( eg if your employer wants to send someone in your place.)
For On-Demand Videos
- On-Demand videos are non-refundable.
All registrations for On-Demand Videos are for single users only. There are no exceptions. You have access to the videos for up to 14 calendar days including taking the test or until the completion of the test, whichever comes first.
MISC QUESTIONS/COURSE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to your class, why do I need to take The Institutes’ national exam?
- IEA’s faculty brings the added critical dimension of years of industry experience while at the same time following along with the curriculum delivered through The Institutes’ textbook. These elements combine to maximize your success in passing their national exam, earning the Certificate or Designation and at the same time, achieving your career goals.
- As nationally recognized professional designations, The Institutes’ designations require proctored national exams.
I took several workers’ compensation classes many years ago. Can these classes be credited toward the WCCA or WCCP?
- There is no expiration timeframe for completing the WCCA or WCCP, however, the program requirements have Check our workers’ compensation program page on our website then talk to The Institutes (800) 644-2101 to determine what you can do to progress with the program. They may need to loop back to IEA to verify your previous history, but it is best to start with The Institutes.
I finished my designation program (CPDM, CPFI, CCMP) but have still not received my certificate.
- If you have completed and passed the final module in your designation IEA will issue your certificate by July 31st, for the Spring semester, October 31th for the Summer semester or Feb 28th for the Fall semester.
How can I get a refund or transfer to another class?
- Please refer to our refunds and transfers policy document.
I took a CE class with you but my CE hours are not reflected on my agent broker license.
- The DOI honors the date of the class completion for your license compliance.
- IEA has 30 days from the completion of your workshop or semester program to forward your CE hours to the California Department of Insurance. Your record may not be updated right after you complete the program, however the DOI will apply your credit hours retroactively to the date of class completion.
- Please verify that your account on our new website has you properly listed with your name (as it appears on your License) and your Insurance License Number. This will automatically provide you with CE whenever IEA is providing it.
What is your relationship with The Institutes?
- The Institutes provides professional development opportunities in insurance, risk management, and workers’ compensation. IEA has had a close relationship with The Institutes for over 100 years and are proud to teach their courses gearing students to be fully prepared to take and pass The Institutes’ National Exams. We are also proud to be their marketing representative in California.
What is your relationship with DMEC?
- IEA, in partnership with the Disability Management Employers Coalition, developed the nation’s leading professional designation for Absence and Disability Management. Known as CPDM (Certified Professional in Disability Management), this 3-module course provides the unique skills needed for success in the field of absence and disability management.
What is your relationship with EMPLOYERS FRAUD TASK FORCE?
- Together with the Employers Fraud Task Force, IEA developed a unique curriculum to help businesses address the huge impact of Fraud. This 3-module program, CPFI (Certified Professional in Fraud Identification) offers successful completers a recognized and highly sought after credential in their field.