Dee Pearson, ARM, CPCU, MS-OD
Dee Person, ARM CPCU, MS-OD has been working with individual development and group training, executive and personal coaching, group dynamics, change management, and organizational effectiveness in a variety of roles, particularly in the insurance industry, for over 25 years. She has held leadership positions in corporate and nonprofit arenas and has consulted with over 20 organizations, trained over 1,000 people and coached and counseled several hundred individuals. Dee is known for her intuitive and perceptive style and has been sought after as an expert facilitator and skilled personal coach.
Dee has been an instructor for IEA since 2014 teaching ARM, CPCU, and Dept of Insurance C.E. classes. She is an active class leader with regularly scheduled sessions in such areas as Professional Development and Continuing Education (ie. Commercial Insurance, Risk Management, Professional Ethics, Etc), and Impression Management.
Dee has also worked with such organizations as AIG Insurance, Crum and Forster, Inc., Swett and Crawford, Inc., Woodruff Sawyer & Co., Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co, Diane Foster and Associates, City of Oakland, Berkeley Chamber of Commerce.
Dee draws from her extensive experience as a corporate insurance company manager and officer, and in adult education, career/life transitions, humanistic psychology, human potential, leadership training, and person-centered counseling, Dee has coached executives, managers, and other professionals for improving performance and managing change.
Commercial Insurance, Education
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND SERVICES
- Former Assistant Vice President – AIG Insurance Company.
- Lead and manage implementation of underwriting strategy, underwriting discipline, and marketing plan for Excess and Surplus Commercial Insurance products.
- Develop and deliver various training programs. Support the design and implementation of business processes and procedures, including reports and analyses; develop and implement organization systems for marketing functions.
- Master of Human Resources and Organization Development – Univ. of San Francisco
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) – American Institute for CPCU
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) – American Institute for CPCU
- Advanced Group Leader and Trainer – Amer. Society of Training and Development