PROGRAMS & COURSES
CPWC – CLAIMS PRACTITIONER
IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 module certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information.
KEY TAKE AWAYS
- Gain the practical skills needed to perform the roles of an indemnity workers’ compensation adjuster, a medical only adjuster or a medical bill review adjuster for the state of California.
- From emerging adjusters with little experience, to professionals who could benefit from refresher training, this course adapts to a variety of training and development needs.
- The CPWC offers supplemental content to the California Workers’ Compensation Claims Administration (WCCA) certificate and California Workers’ Compensation Claims Professional (WCCP) designation offered by The Institutes and taught by IEA.
REQUIRED TEXT BOOKS
The following are required for each of the 24 modules.
- California Workers’ Compensation Handbook, Stanford Herlick – 2017 Edition
- Workers’ Compensation Laws of California – Thirty-Sixth Edition
CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
This 24-part program provides the requisite 120 classroom hours for the California Department of Insurance certification for workers’ compensation adjusters. The curriculum is based on the 25 topics required in section 2592 of the California Code of Regulations.
CPWC TRACK OPTIONS
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
Six hours of continuing education in workers’ compensation or disability management are required each year. Click here for IEA Workers’ Compensation workshops that qualify for CPWC continuing education . If your credit hours were earned using a provider other than IEA, and you would like to have them applied to your designation, please download CE reporting form here and submit to IEA along with the relevant amount due.
Pre-Purchase any of the below bundles and you will receive codes that will allow you to enroll in the individual modules at a future date.
WC INJURIES &
& SET UP
ISSUES & UR
DIA / DWC