WCCA 14 DISABILITY AND DEATH BENEFITS IN CALIFORNIA WORKERS’ COMP CLAIMS
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS
Understand the core elements of disability and death claims. This course covers the components of temporary and permanent disability computation and awards. Also reviewed in detail is the computation and procedures for death benefits. Learn to effectively apply the California Labor Code to your everyday work. Confidently handle complex claims. Enhance customer satisfaction and retention. Support the individual needs of your clients by accurately determining who qualifies as a deceased employee’s dependents and who does not.
- Determining the proper method of calculating a claimant’s average weekly earnings via a thorough understanding of the concept and computations involved in determining average weekly earnings is essential for a California workers’ compensation professional
- Computing elements of compensation that are included and methods for calculating AWE – unusual or irregular earnings are covered in depth
- Master temporary disability indemnity and know the five criteria for determining eligibility, and benefit from a discussion of TTD and TPD.
- Statutory minimums and maximums, time limits under various reform dates, as well as timing and method of payments is covered
- Determining termination and extension of TD benefit payments when the employer’s obligation to pay runs out
- Rating and computing permanent disability including use of the PD schedule.
- Important concepts of permanent and stationary status are explained.
- Adjusting PD payments for return to work; a comprehensive section of supplemental job displacement benefits is included
- Accurately compute death benefits; including discussions of compensability, dependents and determination of dependency
- The computation of benefits is explained and a full presentation of the complex issues surrounding allocation of benefits to dependents is included
Who should attend:
- Workers’ compensation claims adjusters
- Medical only claims adjusters
- TPA / Self-insured claims personnel
- Agent/Broker workers’ compensation claims staff
ONLINE – WEBINAR
Dates & Times
6/4/2018 – 8/20/2018
Mondays 6:00 – 7:00 PM PST
No Class July 2nd
(11 weeks / 11 hours total )
Online – Webinar
SU18: WCCA14 OL Angeles
Paying by check? Hit “Enroll”,
then “Check”, then for payment
method select “Pay by check”