CA 8 INTRODUCTION TO WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS
Gain a strong general knowledge of the current California workers’ compensation claims system. This program provides a comprehensive overview of the basic principles of workers’ compensation claims. Great starter program for insurance company and producer support staff, self-insured or TPA claims personnel, health providers, and others needing a general knowledge of the current California workers’ compensation claims system. Content covers history and benefits, AOE/COE, medical treatment, temporary and permanent disability and the litigation process. CA 8 is not part of and does not apply credit toward IEA’s Workers’ Compensation Claims Administration Certificate Program. CA 8 and WCCA 10 should not be taken simultaneously.
- Learning about temporary and permanent disability
- Understanding circumstances of injury with emphasis on criteria for AOE/COE
- Reviewing the benefits provided and statutes of limitation enforcement; medical control and use of specialists
- Understanding the history and evolution of workers’ compensation to date
- Comprehending the litigation process
Who should attend:
- Insurance company and producer staff
- Self-insured or TPA claims staff
- Health providers
- Human Resources
- Anyone needing general knowledge of the current California workers’ compensation claims system
- If you order 15 business days or or more prior to the start of course, the textbook will arrive prior to the start of the course.
- If you order 14 business days or less prior to the start of the course, the textbook ship by ground within 48 hours.
Dates & Times
4/25/2018, 6:00 – 7:00 PM PST
5/2/2018, 6:00 – 7:00 PM PST
5/9/2018, 6:00 – 7:00 PM PST
5/16/2018, 6:00 – 7:00 PM PST
CA8 S18 OL Angeles 2
Paying by check? Hit “Enroll”,
then “Check”, then for payment
method select “Pay by check”