CPWC19 PERMANENT PARTIAL AND PERMANENT TOTAL DISABILITY
CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
Workers’ Compensation Origins and Overview
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 unit certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Module 19 – Permanent Disability
In this 19th module, we will be looking at what permanent disability is, how it is classified and assessed, as well as looking at the components of the permanent disability rating formula. Practically, you will have the opportunity to calculate the permanent disability due hypothetical injured workers using the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment and the Permanent Disability Rating Schedule.
Lecture Topics Covered
- Benefit Overview
- PD Concepts
- PD Classifications
- AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment
- PD Rating Formula Components
- Payment of Permanent Disability
- Life Pensions
- Permanent Total Disability
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff